- Always improving. Aucor Starter grows from every project we build. We fine-tune features, remove unused ones and add new ones.
- Tailor made. We don’t use 3rd party style libraries like Bootstrap in Aucor Starter.
- Maintainable code. We build websites to last. That’s why some features are separated to centrally updated plugin, Aucor Core.
- Speed up development. One great goal has always been to remove unnecessary steps from starting a project and making good default styles for various repeating features.
- Open source. Aucor Starter is open source theme with WordPress’s default GPL license. There is no open and closed versions. We in Aucor Ltd use this same theme in our projects.
Aucor Core has some features that Aucor Starter needs to operate fully. Here’s some of the features that Aucor Core brings:
- Admin views clean up
- Localization functions
- Plugin default settings (ACF, Gravity Forms, Redirection, Yoast SEO & The SEO Framework)
- Security hardening
- Speed optimization
- Debugging tools
All main features and their subfeatures can be activated and disabled through filters. Aucor Core is already updated through WordPress updates and will be pushed into WordPress.org soon.
Aucor Starter have been influenced by:
- All the projects our company (Aucor Ltd) has build over the years.
- Underscores by Automattic was the base theme where Aucor Starter was originally built upon.
- Sage by Roots was our inspiration for organizing assets and dist in the past. Our Gulp was also customized from Sage’s example.
- Uuups by Sami Keijonen has been a great help figuring out how to handle Gutenberg related defaults and styles. In some things we have gone our separate ways but we found us agreeing with many things in Uuups.
The documentation and setup guide is hosted in README.md file at Github.